We here at Bad Kerning love to mix up the rules in games sometimes, including in our own Sell Outs (we have a huge list of alternate rules available in this post). Here’s a few new rules to try at your next Monopoly get together that will ensure that no one asks you to play Monopoly ever again!
- Each turn must start with a dance break to loosen up.
- All pieces must be referred to by their full, formal names, i.e. “the blue car,” not just “the blue.”
- Players are encouraged to talk in exaggerated accents and make inappropriate jokes.
- If a player rolls a three, they must make a sound like a barnyard animal of their choice.
- If a player lands on a “tax” square, they must perform a karaoke song of the game owner’s choosing.
- If a player lands on “jail,” they must take a shot of vinegar.
- Players may only move their pieces with their toes.
- If a player lands on a “chance” square, they must recite a Shakespearean sonnet.
- If a player lands on “Go,” they must perform a stand-up comedy routine.
Disclaimer: These rules are meant to be humorous and not taken seriously. Play at your own risk!